Wednesday, March 23, 2016

7th Palmer Sculpture Biennial 2016

7th Palmer Sculpture Biennial 2016
©billpurvis2016 Text & photographs.

Glenda and I attended the 5th Palmer Biennial in 2012.
I posted the previous visit to my blog here:
http://australianphotographcollector.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/fifth-palmer-sculpture-biennial-11-25.html
On Wednesday 23 March 2016 we visited the 7th Biennial.
Viewing sculpture in natural surrounds creates an awareness of natural forms
in the environment.
The Hood 111 - Nicholas Uhlmann
A delightful whimsical
wind powered child's music machine playing
'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star', constructed by Will Powrie.

Palinode 2013 - Erwin Fabian

Three works displayed in The Hutt by Phillip McGillivray-Tory 1. Rain Shadow - Peramangk Country

2. 'Scraps of a Landscape' Series

3. Rain Shadow

'Form is Emptiness - Emptiness is Form' - Jan Clifford

Natural form 1

Captioned by photographer -I think Greg Johns

 Whitewashing History - Clancy Warner

An impressive body of work powerful in expressing the cleansed and sanitised versions of indigenous history.
Natural form 2

Natural form 3

Natural form 4

Natural form 5
The visit requires being prepared with suitable walking shoes, sun hat, and water.

Captioned by photographer -I think Greg Johns


Cabinet Reed - Tim Thomson

Landscape 1

Landscape 2

Inversion - Tim Shaw

Natural form 6

Landscape 3

Captioned by photographer -I think Greg Johns
Landscape 4

Eulogy - India Flint


Natural Form 7

Natural Form 8 - A Benevolent 'Mother' Acacia tree that has given root to offspring.


Her form gives protection to a bronze Acacia nut

Captioned by photographer -I think Greg Johns


At The Hutt - now for the downhill trek.


 Martins Sticks - Tony Hannan
Captioned by photographer -I think Greg Johns
Landscape 5

Landscape 6

Entanglement - Lorry Wedding-Marchioro

"Earthforce" Series 3 - Dianne Coulter


Absolutely buggered suffering the flu it has taken me 3 days before I was able to update my blog - Saturday 26 March 2016. It is well worth a visit while the Biennial is on to visit Palmer but its not for the faint hearted. Be prepared with good walking shoes, water and a hat and reasonable health. I suffered for it this time. But I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment